Senior doctoral students (who have passed their qualifying exam) in The Grainger College of Engineering who express an interest in academia are eligible to apply. Fellows must be enrolled as full-time students during the fall and spring term while in this program.
Requirements and Expectations
The MF3 Program is a full academic year program – fall and spring terms. MF3 Fellows register for ENG 591 both semesters and participate in a variety of weekly scheduled workshops, activities, seminars, and events to improve their knowledge of faculty responsibilities. MF3 Fellows are required to attend class each week and meet the required expectations.
To be considered for the 2022-2023 MF3 Program, applications must be received by 5 pm on March 31, 2022. Applications must be submitted in one single PDF document by your home department’s Graduate Programs Office to a dedicated box folder maintained by the Office of Graduate, Professional and Online Programs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about this process.
- Mavis Application Cover Sheet Form.
- Statement of Interest that describes why you want to participate in the program (1-2 pages max). Please address goals and accomplishments you hope gain from this program.
- Statement of your career goals and interests (1-2 pages max).
- Copy of unofficial transcripts.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Letter of endorsement from your Department Head or Director of Graduate Study.
- Letter of Recommendation from your research advisor that includes a commitment to serve as your academic mentor.
MF3 Fellows are admitted on a competitive basis. Selected fellows for the 2022-2023 academic year will receive an award of $2,000 for participating in the program, paid in two installments and pending fellows completing the required milestones/assignments. Fellows for the 2022-2023 academic year will be announced by April 30, 2022.